Alyona Yakovleva-Randall, Founding Artistic Director
Ms. Yakovleva-Randall is a highly degreed, award-winning ballet dancer, choreographer, teacher, and artistic director. Ms. Yakovleva-Randall began her training at the Academy of Ballet in Novosibirsk and continued to St. Petersburg State University of Culture and Art in Russia, graduating in 1999 with a degree certifying her in Professional Ballet Dance Performance; Choreography; and Ballet, Character, and Historical Dance Instruction. In the summers of 2006, 2007, and 2010 she completed seminars at the Vaganova Ballet Academy of St. Petersburg, Russia, on the preservation and uniformity of the Vaganova Method of ballet instruction.
As a Professor of Performance Arts at Dong Duk’s Women’s University in Seoul, Korea, Ms. Yakovleva-Randall performed, taught, and choreographed for such renowned organizations as Universal Ballet Company, Chong-Dong Theatre and MadeInDance Company. In 2001, Ms. Yakovleva-Randall began teaching for the Clara R. Noyes Academy of Ballet Internationale for four years. In 2005, Ms. Yakovleva-Randall was named Artistic Director of the Russian Ballet Academy of Indiana (RBAI) and the Indiana Ballet Company. Under her leadership, RBAI won “Outstanding School” at Youth America Grand Prix (YAGP) Regional in 2007, 2009, and 2010. She was also awarded “Outstanding Teacher” in 2006. Ms. Yakovleva-Randall, along with a host of business and legal minds, formed Indiana Ballet Conservatory in 2010.
Ms. Yakovleva-Randall’s classical repertoire includes Sleeping Beauty, Giselle, Don Quixote, Paquita, The Nutcracker, Chopiniana, and La Esmeralda. Her contemporary repertoire includes extensive choreography by Leonid Jacobsen, of St. Petersburg, Russia. She also worked with Indra Reinholde of Riga, Latvia – who was choreographing exclusively for Ms. Yakovleva, Vivaldi’s Duet for Violin and Orchestra, and several others. She also worked with MadelnDance Company, Seoul, Korea, in the production Floating & Walking. In Indianapolis, Ms. Yakovleva-Randall danced many leading roles in productions for Gregory Hancock Dance Theater, and for the Indiana Ballet Company in On Earth We Stand and Love and Gravity (choreography by Nicholas Owens).
Ms. Yakovleva-Randall has produced the original ballets, Phantom of the Opera—named one of the “Top Fall Events to See” by the Indianapolis Star in 2008, From Shakespeare with Love, and Pulse: Dancing to the Beat of our Own Drummer, and has also choreographed numerous pieces for her students for competition, performances, and festivals.
Under Ms. Yakovleva-Randall’s Directorship, IBC has won “Outstanding School” at the YAGP Regional in 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015. She has also coached students who have won top International awards at YAGP- NY, Moscow International Ballet Competition, Indianapolis International Ballet Competition, and the International Ballet Competition – Varna. She is currently guiding IBC into the future as the school is flourishing and gaining worldwide recognition as a premier training ground for young dancers.
• 2014 & 2011 Outstanding School & 1st Place Ensembles, Indiana Ballet Conservatory, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2015 & 2013 Outstanding School, Indiana Ballet Conservatory, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2015 & 2014 2nd Place Pas de Deux, Indiana Ballet Conservatory, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2015 3rd Place Pas de Deux, Indiana Ballet Conservatory, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2010 Outstanding School & 1st Place Ensembles, Russian Ballet Academy of IN, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2009 Outstanding School & 1st Place Ensembles, Russian Ballet Academy of IN, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2007 Outstanding School & 1st Place Ensembles, Russian Ballet Academy of IN, Youth America Grand Prix
• 2006 Outstanding Teacher, Youth America Grand Prix
• 1999 Grand Ballerina of Russian Conference for Young Scientists and Specialists